Join us in creating an oasis for the community of Naveh.
The 2019 Victorian Green Sunday Appeal is dedicated to improving the quality of life for a group of 130 courageous families in Israel’s Negev.
Naveh – the community you’ll be enriching
Like many inspirational communities in Israel, Naveh’s story was born out of hardship. After living in the southern Gaza Strip for 25 years, the now residents of Naveh were evacuated from their homes. Despite their instability, they stayed positive – and set their sights on establishing new roots.Embodying a true pioneering spirit, the community asked the Israeli government where they were needed most. So they relocated to Halutza, an isolated area in the Negev… and the birthplace of Naveh.
The Naveh Synagogue
Today, the Naveh community is slowly building. But there’s more to be done.
With your help, the 2019 JNF Vic Green Sunday Appeal will raise funds for a lush haven that leads into the Naveh Synagogue, the hub of daily life.
Meet Aharon Tzohar, founder and Program Development Manager of Naveh.
Aharon will be joining us in Melbourne for Green Week, from 1 – 10 February. He is a lecturer at the Otzem Pre-military Academy and is also the Founder and Director of a national volunteer organisation helping special needs youngsters. Aharon is a Major (res.) serving in the paratroopers and he saw combat in the Second Lebanese war (2004) and Operation Protective Edge (2014). He is married to Amana and they have five children, Neta, Herut, Yishai, Tzuri and Maor.
During Green Week Aharon will speak about the challenges of establishing a new community in Israel’s Negev, and what it’s like to be a modern day pioneer.
- Friday 1 February, 6.30pm: YJP & JNFuture Shabbat Dinner – “Life In The Modernizing World of Eretz Israel”. More information. Tickets.
- Saturday 2 February, 1.00pm: DaMinyan & JNF Shabbat Lunch.
- Tuesday 5 February, 6.30pm: Moishe House Melbourne & JNFuture – “The Community of Naveh – Hope & Courage Among the Dunes”. More information.
- Thursday 7 February, 10.30am: JNForever Morning Tea. More information.
- Thursday 7 February, 8.00pm: Habayit & JNF – “Halutz Moderni” (in Hebrew). More information. Tickets.
- Sunday 10 February: GREEN SUNDAY!
Please donate today to give the people of Naveh the strength and hope they need.
Donations towards the Green Sunday project are tax deductible.
If you are Year 9 or above, we would really appreciate your help to call upon the community on Sunday 10th February 2019 to support this vital project. This year, we are excited to be holding the Green Sunday Appeal in a brand new, exciting location. The address will be provided upon registration.