JNFuture | Generation Chai
JNFuture, the young adult division of JNF Australia, presents Generation Chai, a project designed for young people to support young people and inspire a new generation of giving.
In 2021, JNFuture is partnering with Roim Rachok. This organisation supports and trains young Israeli adults on the autism spectrum, giving them the skills necessary to serve their country as part of the IDF and to lead a self-sufficient life thereafter. As suggested by the program’s name, ‘looking ahead’, Roim Rachok works to provide a sense of belonging and purpose for our vulnerable brothers and sisters in Israel.
With the help of the young adults of Sydney’s Jewish community, Gen Chai aims to fund a new program at Roim Rachok aimed at developing skills essential for life and the workforce once they leave the IDF.
Through a series of interactive workshops the participants will learn how to:
- manage their finances.
- develop and maintain relationships.
- prepare for a job interview (including CV writing).
- deal with pressure, demands and multi-tasking.
- adapt to new environments and organisational culture.
- communicate with work colleagues.
- manage their emotions after the IDF.
Together, through a small donation of $18 a month for six months, we can make a significant impact.