JNF Australia has an amazing track record of projects undertaken since 1917 throughout the length and breadth of Israel.
The JNF’s maxim is to sponsor tangible projects that “make a difference” to the lives of those who live in Israel and indeed, many of the projects undertaken hold benefits that extend far beyond Israel’s borders.
Some of these important projects undertaken in recent times include.
- Australia Park in the Galilee
- The Arava Research & Development programs that have helped turn the desert green.
- The largest water reclamation facility in Israel at Bachan in the central region.
- The rehabilitation of the Yarkon River and surrounds
- Water and land conservation projects in the Bnei Shimon & Sha’ar Hanegev regions of the northern Negev that are providing opportunities for new life to this area.
- Finding a solution, through a natural predator, to the destruction of certain species of eucalyptus trees by the gall wasp.
- The ongoing exchange of environmental expertise between Israel & Australia facilitated by the JNF, providing tangible benefits to both countries including practical solutions such as the Biofiltration project designed to replenish Israel’s aquifers
To discuss an individual, family or other group or special project including planned giving and bequests, please contact your nearest JNF Office.